With everyday tasks made intuitive and often automated, the layout tool set within CADSTAR has been developed with today’s challenges for the PCB designer in mind.
- Guarantee your design is a correct fit before a prototype is manufactured.
- Using CADSTAR PCB layout allows information required in the PCB Design (like constraints; component information etc.) built-in early, during the schematic phase, by the design engineer.
- This constraint driven technique helps you to create a first-time-right design, from single-sided to complex double-sided, multilayer and SMT designs, and dramatically increases your productivity.
CADSTAR Design Re-Use allows designers to re-use proven and tested logical circuit from an earlier design in a new design. This means the components within the proven designs, which already meet EMC and SI guidelines, do not need to be placed and re-routed on new design, therefore cutting the amount of design time required.
- Design Re-Use also allows design work to be split amongst different designers. For example, whilst one person is working on the digital part of the design, another can be working on other parts of the design.
Typical examples where design re-use is suitable include:
- Power supplies
- RF Designs
- Multichannel designs (I/O, drivers etc)
- Via Fan-Out and decoupling structure on BGA designs