We were extremely excited for this year’s IME Design Competition. We’ve been receiving enormous support from our partner Agensi Inovasi Malaysia, Majlis Rekabentuk Malaysia and TARUC on the generous venue support.
For the past 3 weeks we’ve been scrutinizing submissions, going through many rounds of debates to pick out the top 10 finalists. Prior announcing the top 10, here are some figures that you will need to know:
- 222 participants have registered for IMEDC2015. (It was only 127 participants at 2014, that is a 174% increase)
- Back in April, we’ve conducted an Idea Generation Workshop to help participants in idea generation. Results? We’re seeing better quality submission compared to last year!
There were countless debate on the submissions, but we did this with a grin on our face. We were exhilarated to see many quality submissions coming in, because at the end of the day, these submissions might be the solution to the natural disasters & accidents.
Without further ado, here are the top 10 finalists (in no particular sequence):
To all top 10 finalists:
We’ll be having a clinic session to help you in improving your existing design. You will only need to come for one session (3 hours, either morning 9am -12 or 2pm – 5pm) in between 24th to 28th of August. Do RSVP with firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP to lock your slot.
Once again, many thanks to all parties for participating, thank you for the awesome submissions!
KUALA LUMPUR, October 3 – IME SOLIDWORKS Innovation Day 2020 was held at Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), which was organised by IME Group of Companies in collaboration with Majlis Rekabentuk Malaysia (MRM) as Strategic Partner, with the key objective of promoting and driving design and innovation of Malaysian products in the new digital space.
IME SOLIDWORKS Innovation Day (IMESWID) is a platform to gather industry’s thought leaders namely government, industry players, engineers and academia to share on the key trends and spearheads design and innovation. The event also aims to explore innovation and technology creativity with the participants and embark on the digital transformation journey together. It is an annual event organised by IME throughout Malaysia, touring to multiple states including Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Johor, Melaka and Sarawak.
Back to its root, IMESWID is also the most prominent event to introduce new capabilities. SOLIDWORKS 2020 helps to get business and engineers going from design to manufacture faster and also reduce costs, meet customer demand as well as optimise designs. This is a big event of SOLIDWORKS that is taking place in October every year, held in every corner of the world. SOLIDWORKS Innovation Day 2020 with the participation of SOLIDWORKS experts in domestic or foreign country will bring various of new enhancements to users.
Digital continuity is the theme of the event this year, putting emphasis on the importance of extracting, analysing and connecting data throughout design and manufacturing cycle: from machines in manufacturing and throughout the enterprise both horizontally and vertically. Digital Continuity in multi-discipline is essential in modern day manufacturing for complete visibility in manufacturing efficiency. Software and applications play a major role in enabling this to provide connectivity in the entire design to manufacturing process for instance, design optimisation, real-time manufacture feedback and analytics, virtual factory, assembly simulation, collaborative engineering platform among many others.
In the technology showcase featured at the event, a comprehensive data-driven design and manufacturing ecosystem that has shown seamless digital continuity in the production floor by integrating different systems at multiple stages product development.
Other than that, real-life applications provided audience a clear picture of digital continuity from the design environment to the manufacturing shop floor.
Product Design & Development
Virtual Reality (VR)
Additive Manufacturing – Metal 3D Printing
Data analytics and dashboards
By leveraging on the right solution, business owner can easily automate data collection and turn them into meaningful insights that accelerates decision-making process, making it effective, purposeful and on-point. Visibility and accessibility to every system including machines, people, resources help to stay in control and to identify pain-points easily thus closing loopholes, maximising resources utilisation, increasing operational efficiencies, and of course, lower operational cost.
Nearly 600 participants from various organisations attended the event that seeks to assist them in understanding and learning ways to incorporate the key elements of Industry 4.0 into businesses.
The event also endorses home-grown companies and local products that are locally designed and manufactured. The synergy between IME and MRM strongly advocates Buatan Malaysia embodying world-design capabilities that we are always unquestionably proud of. Innovative products can be designed and manufactured given the design freedom comes with the integration of emerging technologies.
Thinking that Smart Manufacturing, Industry 4.0 and factory modernisation are only for large multinational companies is a general misconception. For positive impact on the entire supply chain, large and small medium enterprises alike, are to be aligned in their transformation to reflect a seamless and continuity in the effectiveness of operations. 2nd tier & 3rd tier vendors or manufacturers are not to adopt a wait-and-see mindset if we want to remain relevant.
According to Mr. Teoh Tuan Ka, Chairman and Founder of IME Group of Companies, the synergy between all parallels namely the government, industry players and academia is crucial to spearhead Industry 4.0 adoption in Malaysia. “Synergy bridges the interconnection and fill the gap in collaboration to ensure seamless knowledge sharing and effective skills transfer, and that makes the team stronger at times of a transformational change. SMEs and local businesses have to be at the forefront of digital transformation to gain competitive advantage and stay attractive for global investors at worldwide scale,” added Mr. Teoh.
At the event, it also addressed how local companies can leverage on Digital Transformation Lab Partners in digital transformation journey with an insightful session on Digital Transformation Acceleration Programme (DTAP) that is part the initiative of Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) and Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA) that aims to help these companies to adopt Industry 4.0 and thereby increases productivity, reduces foreign labours and exploit new opportunities in the digital space. The programme involves pilot of implementation plan and scale up of not more than 5 years. Mawea Industries, a member of IME Group of Companies was appointed as one of the DTLs to lend its expertise to the IR4.0 adopters. Through DTL, companies are able to set out a digital transformation journey of their own.
Productivity and its improvement are both a political imperative and a business necessity. Hence, lifting productivity can be an imperative role played by public sector as well as private sector. This approach should be adopted by the local industry, government, and academia to boost productivity to greater heights.
Download the key takeaways from the event below:
#1 SOLIDWORKS 2020 What’s New
#2 Digital Transformation Acceleration Programme (DTAP): Futureproof your business
#3 Virtual Commissioning & Virtual Reality using Emulate3D & SOLIDWORKS
About IME Group of Companies
IME (Group of companies) is a local business established since 1980, that aspires to play a role in the growth of the local industry, by providing a platform for the industry and educational sector to collaborate, share, and close the knowledge and skill gap. Founded as a CNC service and repair centre, IME has now grown into the leading product design and manufacturing solution provider in Malaysia, with a vast clientele from local and multi-national corporations, government sectors and academia; IME has established strong presence locally and expanded business coverage to ASEAN.
Apart from being recently appointed as the DTL by MDEC, IME is also The Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers (FMM) Industry 4.0 Committee Member, and The Fourth Industrial Revolution Committee Member for National Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Malaysia (NCCIM).
- Design, develop and integrate software solutions and systems
- Conduct research, development and proof of concept of works for new technologies
- Assist the pre-sales team on working prototype, business needs analysis and project blueprint before writing a program
- Assist support team on troubleshooting and debugging existing systems
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge in SQL database (MSSQL/MySQL/Oracle)
- A self-starter, highly organized and able to work well with colleagues at all levels
- Fresh graduates are welcomed to apply
Job Application Form
- Responsible for the implementation and continual maintenance of the company’s IT system
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environment including system software, application software and all configurations.
- Provide excellent ICT Support to customers in ICT including systems and networking
- Certificate or Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of software, hardware and applications
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Team-oriented, good interpersonal communication, analytical
Job Application Form
- To prepare and analyse monthly management report
- To handle tax and audit matters
- To prepare forecast and budget
- To perform any other ad-hoc assignment as and when required by the management
- In charge of reconciliation of intercompany accounts, bank reconciliation, postings and balancing
- Handle full set of accounts and responsible for month-end/ year-end financial closing activities, journal postings and prompt submission of relevant reports to the Management
- Liaise with customers, suppliers, bankers, solicitors, company secretary and other regulatory authorities on respective activities
- Prepare corporate income tax computation and ensure compliance with relevant regulatory requirements
- Prepare and liaise closely with auditors and tax consultants for the annual audit, audit analysis and submission of tax returns
- Diploma/ Post Graduate Diploma/ Bachelor Degree/ Professional Certificate in Finance/ Accountancy or equivalent
- 2 to 3 years of working experience in the related field
- Communicate in English, Mandarin and Bahasa Malaysia
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office applications and SQL accounting software, UBS, etc
Job Application Form
- Handle overall administrative tasks in Sales and Marketing
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- Route qualified opportunities to the Sales Team for further development and closure
- Attend and assist at events such as conferences, workshops and exhibitions
- Develop and integrate content marketing strategies
- Implement effective marketing plan and program to meet or exceed personal goals and target
- Develop and manage marketing that generates and qualified leads to support the sales force and company’s goal
- Implement cost-effective marketing events, programs and activities that provide quality leads
- Communicate with clients, affiliate networks and affiliate partners
- Diploma or Degree in Marketing, Mass Communication or equivalent
- Inside sales experience preferred or some level of customer service experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Positive attitude, exemplary attendance and reliable team member
- Strong phone presence and experience dialling dozens of calls per day
- Team player with self-management skills and good in time management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Good knowledge in online marketing, branding, social media marketing and copywriting
- Fresh graduates are welcomed to apply
Job Application Form